Explores sexuality issues within the context of the African American woman's experience.
- Builds community and sisterhood as we become increasingly secure with our sexuality.
- Provides uplifting and empowering peer support to other bisexual or questioning women who need to be heard in a respectful and confidential environment.
From Exclusion to Exclusivity!
- Mainstream society frequently marginalizes, objectifies, and exploits black female sexuality, creating a social disconnect (real or perceived).
- BBLSS provides one foundation on which bisexual black women reclaim and redefine our sexuality on OUR terms.
We talked. We met. Now we can't get enough!
- BBLSS began in May of 2003 under another name as an online discussion forum.
- In 2004 BBLSS launched its support group meetings in the Washington, DC-metro area.
- Members enjoy an active online discussion forum, monthly support group meetings every third Saturday of the month and female-oriented social activities.
We are everyone and everywhere!
- The BBLSS membership is demographically diverse, and includes black women from all socio-economic and academic backgrounds.
- BBLSS members' sexual lifestyle choices run the gamut, from celibacy to monogamy to polyamory.
- Approximately 20% of our members identify as lesbian.
- BBLSS maintains a roster of over 500 members from different areas of the world, with most members located on the United States’ East Coast.
Credits and Notices!
- Logo: BBLSS and Visual Motives. The BBLSS logo is trademarked and under copyright. All rights reserved.
- Photographs: Elle Photography. Subjects of her copyrighted work may be of any sexual orientation. All rights reserved.